Eye and Ear protection is REQUIRED
- It is OK to shoot rimfire rifles on this range but you must place your targets on the 100 or 200 yard target boards which are provided
- No movable or interim targets are allowed
- Pistol Caliber Carbines (which are prohibited on Pistol Pits 1, 2 and 3) may be fired on this range
- All firing must be done from the firing line. The muzzle of your gun must extend just past the front edge of the benches.
- No centerfire rifles based on the .50 caliber BMG are allowed
- When a shooter needs to go downrange in front of the firing line for any reason, all shooters must open the actions on their rifles. When someone is downrange in front of the firing line, no one may handle any firearm. The range has a string of red lights which should be turned on when someone goes downrange and turned off when it is safe to shoot. Shooting may resume only when everyone is safely behind the firing line and the red lights are off.
- Shoot only at targets which are directly in front of you. No firing Cross-range.
Centerfire Score Matches (Fun Shoots) (See also CMP Matches)
Monthly Centerfire Score Matches are held on the 4th Saturday of the month, March - October, from 9:00 'til 2:00PM. Some benches will remain open to members not participating in the matches. Help will be available with sighting-in if you need it. These are Club Fun Shoots to test your skill against other shooters. We shoot in four classes:
- Must have factory stock and barrel
- Bedding and recrowning allowed
- Aftermarket triggers may be used
- No other modifications allowed
- No forend stabilizers or plates allowed
- No factory 3" wide stocks unless shot from a bipod
- No custom actions
- Stock may not be wider than 2.25” unless shot from a bipod
- No caliber restrictions
- No fore-end stabilizers or plates allowed
VFS (Varmint For Score)
- Anything that doesn’t fit in above classes
Awards for top score in each class. Snacks provided. Entry fee: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Competitors who shoot in at least six matches will qualify for a grand prize trophy at the end of the season. If you have any questions call: Roy Darnell.
"Is the match only for benchrest shooters?" Meaning can only people with full blown benchrest rifles compete? No, these Club Fun Shoots are open to everyone. So bring your stock factory gun out and shoot with us. It's all about shooting and having a good time. These are not registered shoots. Generally speaking most people start out in Factory class. If there is enough interest we could hold a introductory class into score benchrest shooting.
If you use the Rifle Range golf cart, please return it to its shelter and follow the printed instructions to recharge it.